As the world continues to embrace digital transformation after the global COVID-19 pandemic, virtual events are becoming increasingly significant.
In recent years, many businesses, organizations, and even individuals have relied on virtual events to engage with their respective audiences, deliver content, and foster connections as we continue to embrace digital transformation.
After all, virtual events offer a number of unique advantages over their traditional in-person counterparts, including:
- Convenience: We can attend virtual events from anywhere in the world, eliminating the need for travel and accommodation, which saves both organizers and attendees a lot of time and money.
- Accessibility: Virtual events can include more accessibility features to help those with disabilities, like live transcription, closed captioning, and more.
- Scalability: It’s easier to scale virtual events than in-person events, since we can accommodate a larger number of attendees without needing to invest in a larger physical venue.
- Engagement: We can incorporate interactive features like polls, Q&As, live char, and other technologies to make virtual events more engaging and interactive.
With this increasing popularity of virtual events, vFairs has emerged as a prominent virtual event platform known for its versatility and wide range of features to meet the specific needs of both organizers and attendees. Whether it’s hosting virtual conferences, webinars, trade shows, concerts, and other types of virtual events, vFairs has been a trusted choice for many organizations seeking to thrive in the digital landscape.
However, vFairs certainly is not a perfect, one-size-fits-all solution for everyone. As event organizers, you may be exploring options beyond vFairs to cater to your specific needs. This is where this article comes in.
In this article, we will explore and recommend the top alternatives and competitors to vFairs. There are a number of different virtual event platforms available in the market, each with its own set of features and unique benefits. We will cover a comprehensive overview of the top 10 vFairs alternatives and be your guide in choosing the best platform for your needs.
Let’s embark on this journey together.
Top 10 vFairs Alternatives and Competitors
Based on our evaluation, Eventtia is the leading contender as the best alternative to vFairs.
Similar to vFairs, Eventtia is a comprehensive event management platform with a specialization in virtual and hybrid events, offering a rich set of features and functionalities for both event organizers and attendees.
Eventtia is also known for its intuitive, user-friendly interface and versatile customization options. With this combination of qualities, Eventtia offers excellent value for event organizers looking to effectively create and manage all kinds and sizes of virtual events.
- All-in-one solution: Eventtia is designed to be an all-in-one solution to help organizers seamlessly plan and host in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. With Eventtia, you can cater to both in-person and virtual attendees simultaneously with ease, allowing for a greater reach and versatility. You get all the features you need, from registration to event networking to event marketing and analytics.
- Integrated registration and ticketing: Eventtia offers one of the best attendee registration/ticketing capabilities. The system is built-in, so you can manage ticket sales and registration without leaving Eventtia, streamlining the whole process.
- Customization options: Eventtia offers a variety of customization options, including allowing you to create a fully customizable event website and event mobile app to match your brand identity and tone. This can allow you to build a cohesive presence across all the different channels for your event.
- Interactive features: The platform offers a variety of interactive features and attendee engagement tools to maximize the virtual attendee experience, such as live polls, Q&As, chat rooms, one-on-one video meetings, etc. These features enable attendees to interact with each other (and with the speakers) in real time to maximize engagement.
- Advanced analytics: Comprehensive analytics and reporting to help organizers keep track of the event’s performance, attendee engagement levels and identify areas where they can improve.
- Data security: Eventtia provides serious data security features to ensure privacy and compliance with relevant regulations, such as end-to-end encryption to ensure your attendee information’s privacy, security, and integrity.
- Ease of use: Despite the rich features offered, Eventtia is user-friendly with an intuitive design and interface. Eventtia is easy to use for both attendees and event planners/organizers.
Eventtia offers three different pricing plans: Digital, Express, and Enterprise (custom plan)
The Express plan starts at $2,500/month, offering basically everything you need to start your first event project for an unlimited number of attendees. The Digital plan provides you with additional tools for virtual events, such as a virtual stage, mobile app, engagement tools, and sponsorship tools. The Enterprise plan offers advanced features such as SSO and white label customization, role-based access, custom event portals, and more.
User Reviews and Testimonials
Eventtia, despite being a relatively new player in the market, has a solid 4.4 out of 5 stars rating on G2. Users praised the combination of the robust set of features and ease of use offered by Eventtia, as well as the responsive customer support.
Eventtia’s extensive set of features, including some unique features not available anywhere else, makes Eventtia a powerful and feature-rich alternative to vFairs that can cater to a wide range of organizations or event planners.
Eventtia’s strong emphasis on customization, interactivity, and analytics can facilitate event organizations of all sizes to create memorable and impactful event experiences with relative ease.
Whova is another robust alternative to vFairs offering some unique features:
- Social wall: Whova features a social wall, allowing event attendees to post photos, updates, videos, and other content. This social wall can help make the events more interactive and build a sense of community.
- Gamification features: The platform offers a variety of gamification features that can help improve engagement and motivate attendees to actively participate during events. For example, you can allow attendees to earn points and badges for attending sessions, visiting sponsor booths, or networking with other attendees.
- AI-powered recommendations: Whova incorporates AI technologies to recommend sessions, exhibitors, or speakers based on the attendees’ behaviors and interests. This can help improve the overall event experience for attendees.
- Event mobile app: Whova includes the ability to create and customize your own event mobile app that can act as an information hub for attendees. Attendees can also use the app to connect with other attendees or speakers and participate in activities like Q&As and polls.
Besides these unique features, Whova also offers core event management capabilities like event registration/ticketing, scheduling, and attendee engagement tools.
Whova doesn’t disclose its pricing plans on its website, so you’ll need to contact Whova’s sales team directly via its website to get a free price quote.
However, Whova is generally considered a relatively affordable platform, although the actual pricing will vary depending on the specific features required, the number of attendees you expect, and other factors.
User Reviews and Testimonials
On the software review site G2, Whova has a very positive average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars, rated by more than 1,000 users. Users praised Whova’s intuitive interface and unique features offered, combined with reliable customer support.
Whova is a feature-rich and versatile virtual event solution that offers a number of unique features, making it an excellent choice for organizations and event organizers of all sizes and in any industry. Not to mention, Whova is also relatively affordable, so it’s a viable choice for those on a limited budget.
However, Whova doesn’t offer as many integration capabilities and customization (including branding) options as some other virtual event platforms in this list, which may be a dealbreaker for some.
3. Hopin Events
Hopin Events is another popular virtual event platform and a vFairs competitor known for its rich set of features, customizability, and scalability.
- Interactive features: Hopin Events offers a wide range of tools and features that enable interactivity to keep attendees engaged during virtual events, such as breakout rooms, live Q&As and polls, networking sessions, and others.
- Customizability: When it comes to customizability, Hopin Events is simply among the best. You can create events that match a specific look/feel or match a brand’s identity with ease.
- Scalability: Hopin Events is highly scalable and can support virtual events of all sizes, from small virtual meetings to webinars to large virtual conferences and expos.
- Integrations: Seamless integration with a wide variety of tools and software, including CRM systems like HubSpot, marketing automation tools like Mailchimp and Active Campaign, payment processors, and other platforms like GoFundMe, Miro, etc.
Besides these unique features, Hopin Events also includes typical event management capabilities like event registration/ticketing, scheduling, and attendee engagement tools.
Hopin offers a pretty decent free-forever plan with unlimited events and 100 registrations. It only supports 2 hours of length per event, but it’s still pretty decent for a free plan. The Starter paid plan is also very affordable at just $67/month, supporting three days of event length.
Last but not least, there’s the custom Business plan, starting at $6,000 if you need more advanced features like multiple virtual event stages, SSO, advanced branding, and advanced analytics, among others.
In short, Hopin offers a variety of options catering to different kinds and sizes of businesses and event organizers.
User Reviews and Testimonials
On G2, Hopin Events is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars on average by 880 users. Users especially appreciated its unique focus on interaction/engagement and how the platform is highly customizable and scalable.
Hopin Events is a versatile and affordable virtual event solution that is a good choice for all kinds of organizations, especially those who are looking for a cost-effective platform. It is a good alternative to vFairs, offering unique features focused on interaction and scalability.
While some users have reported that the Hopin Events platform can be slow at times, it is overall pretty easy to use and reliable, and it is also a good choice for those that need to integrate their virtual event platforms with other software and tools.
Hubilo is another virtual event solution that is a worthy consideration as a vFairs alternative, known for its focus on engagement.
- Engagement features: Hubilo has a suite of engagement features (called “Hubilo Enggage), facilitating more interactive and engaging virtual events. These features include live Q&A, interactive breakout sessions, and gamification features.
- AI matchmaking: Hubilo leverages AI technology to match attendees with each other and with sponsors/exhibitors based on their behaviors and interests. This is a great feature to facilitate networking and relationship-building, which can potentially increase the overall event experience.
- Virtual Reality: Hubilo has a built-in VR feature to allow organizers to incorporate VR experiences into their events. For example, we can use VR to create product demos, interactive presentations, virtual tours, etc.
- Networking features: Hubilo offers some unique features to facilitate virtual networking, like the Hubilo Networking Lounge, a virtual space with text chat, video chat, and speed networking features enabling attendees to interact with each other (and with sponsors/exhibitors.)
- Analytics and reporting: Hubilo offers advanced analytics tools, allowing organizers to collect and analyze comprehensive data about their events and their attendees. The organizers can then use this data to improve their future events.
As usual, in addition to these features, Hubilo also offers the core features typical to other virtual event platforms, like registration, event planning/scheduling, etc.
Hubilo doesn’t disclose the prices for their different plans, and you must contact them to get a quote.
However, they offer three different plans not based on size, but by type of events:
- Webinar+ plan:
- Audience engagement
- Core webinar capabilities
- Landing page & email builder
- Designated client experience team
- Digital events;
- Advanced engagement, including gamification
- Registration and ticketing features
- Sponsorship and exhibitor options
- For in-person, virtual, and hybrid events
- Hybrid attendee engagement features
- Advanced sponsorship
User Reviews and Testimonials
On G2, Hublo had an average review of 4.6 out of 5 stars, reviewed by 433 users. Hubilo users especially appreciated the platform’s ease of use, extensive features, and unique features focused on engagement.
Hubilo is a feature-rich and highly versatile event management platform that is suitable for managing a wide range of in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. The platform’s strong customization options and a wide range of engagement and networking-related features make it a strong contender as a vFairs alternative.
Airmeet is a cloud-based event management platform and a popular vFairs alternative, with a variety of features that allow organizers to create engaging event experiences for their attendees.
On top of standard virtual event management features like registration and scheduling/event management, Airmeet offers the following features:
- Social Lounge: A virtual space where event attendees can interact with each other with virtual tables, text chat, audio/video chat, and more to allow for a more natural conversation than traditional video conferencing.
- Virtual stage and backstage: Airmeet offers a highly interactive virtual stage, facilitating a more engaging way for attendees to interact with each other and with speakers/presenters. There’s also a virtual backstage for speakers where they can prepare before going live to ensure higher-quality sessions.
- Gamification: Airmeet includes a variety of gamification features that can be used to improve attendees’ interactions and engagement, such as badges, reward/point systems, leaderboards, etc.
- AI-powered matchmaking: Airmeet leverages AI technology to match attendees with other attendees and with sponsors/exhibitors based on their interests and behaviors. This can help attendees find the people and content they are more likely to be interested in, improving the attendee experience.
Airmeet offers a free-forever plan for unlimited small webinars with the following details:
- Unlimited events per year (up to 90 minutes session duration)
- 50 attendees per event
- One organizer license per account
- Multiple modes of networking
- Extensive live event engagement
- Pre-set email templates
- Real-time data and basic reports
Besides the free plan, Airmeet also offers several paid plans designed for different virtual event types/sizes, but their actual prices are undisclosed:
- Premium webinars plan
Includes everything offered in the Free plan, plus:
- Unlimited events per year
- Starting from 100 attendees/event and up to 10,000 attendees/event
- 3 Organizer licenses per account
- Advanced networking modes
- Custom event branding options
- Audience segmentation & advanced analytics
- Leaderboard & Gamification
- Virtual events plan
Hubilo’s most recommended plan, including everything in the “Premium webinars” plan, plus:
- 5 organizer licenses per account
- Multi-track events
- Premium personalization & branding
- Customizable 3D booths
- Immersive video engagement
- Personalized session access
- 1080p streaming
- All in suite
The most premium plan, including everything offered by the “Virtual events” plan, plus:
- 10 organizer licenses per account
- AirControl Hybrid event capabilities
- Dedicated account manager
- AirStudio 3D event experiences
- White label mobile app & website
User Reviews and Testimonials
On G2, Airmeet was rated 4.6 out of 5 stars on average from 644 reviews. Airmeet is often praised for its combination of ease of use and versatile features.
Airmeet is a versatile and feature-rich platform suitable for managing virtual and hybrid events of various sizes, offering some unique features that can be used to create more engaging and interactive events.
However, Airmeet can be slow at times and is not as customizable as other platforms in this list, which may be an issue for some.
6. Webex Events
Webex Events, formerly Socio, is a virtual event/webinar platform owned by the network industry giant Cisco. It can serve as a great alternative to vFairs with a wide range of great features and robust security.
On top of standard event management features, Webex Events also offers some unique features:
- Cisco Webex Meetings integration: With both platforms owned by Cisco, Webex Events is fully integrated with Webex Meetings. This provides Webex Event users access to more features and functionalities, such as high-quality video conferencing/recording and screen sharing.
- Personalized event experiences: Webex Events enable attendees to have their own personalized event experience. For example, they can choose which session they want to attend, which networking sessions they want to participate in, which exhibitors they’ll visit next, etc.
- Analytics: Comprehensive event analytics and reporting, including in-depth data on session attendance, attendee engagement levels, exhibitor/sponsor-related metrics, etc.
- Security and privacy: Owned by Cisco, Webex Events has a strong security infrastructure, so you can be confident about the privacy of event content and attendee information.
User Reviews and Testimonials
On G2, Webex Events (formerly Socio) has an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, reviewed by 490 users. Users especially praised the platform’s transparent pricing, robust security, and wide range of features offered.
One of the key highlights of Webex Events as vFairs alternative is the fact that it is owned by Cisco, which provides you not only with strong security measures and overall reliability but also integration with Cisco’s other solutions, including Webex Meeting.
It is a great choice for event organizations of all sizes with its great set of features and reliable performance. Yet, it has a relatively steep learning curve, and although it offers transparent pricing, the pricing can be on the higher side, especially for hosting large-scale events.
Cvent is a comprehensive event management solution that offers a wide range of features to help organizers plan and host in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. It’s a popular competitor to vFairs, known for its scalability and robust set of features.
- Comprehensive event management: Cvent offers one of the most complete suites of event management tools, including event registration/ticketing, event management and scheduling, attendee engagement features, speaker/presenter management, sponsorship management tools, and robust analytics/reporting.
- Hybrid event support: Cvent offers various features focused on supporting hybrid events, facilitating both in-person and virtual components.
- AI and machine-learning features: Cvent leverages AI and machine learning to power a number of advanced features such as personalized suggestions/recommendations, matchmaking for both attendees and exhibitors, and more.
- Integration: Cvent offers integration with a wide range of solutions and platforms, including integrations to more than 6,000 apps via Zapier.
Cvent doesn’t disclose the prices of its plans on its website, and you’ll need to contact Cvent’s sales team to get a quote.
However, Cvent offers pretty versatile plans that can be either based on “products” or “solutions.
In “Products’ plans, the pricing is determined by the specific products needed (i.e., Event Registration software, check-in software, mobile event app) as well as the volume of attendee registrations.
In the “Solutions” plans, pricing is determined by registration volume and the advanced features activated based on your specific event needs (i.e., features for in-person events, features packaged for virtual events, etc.)
Then, there’s the “Total Program” plan, where you get all the features for any event type and format. This is the most expensive plan, and pricing will be based on your specific program needs and goals
User Reviews and Testimonials
On G2, Cvent has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, as reviewed by 1,778 users. Many users praised Cvent’s comprehensive set of features combined with its scalability,
Cvent is a feature-rich, all-in-one event management platform that offers a lot of unique features, making it a great alternative to vFairs. However, Cvent isn’t the most affordable platform available, so it might not be a great choice for smaller organizations or event organizers with tighter budget constraints.
6Connex is a leading virtual event platform and a popular vFairs alternative focused on helping organizers build engaging and immersive event experiences.
- Customizable 3D virtual environment builder: a unique feature of 6Connex is its powerful 3D virtual environment builder, allowing event organizers to create fully customized virtual event venues, enabling unique and immersive experiences for the attendees.
- Advance attendee networking and engagement features: 6Connex offers a wide range of features focused on attendee interactions, networking, and engagement features, including advanced ones such as AI-powered matchmaking, virtual tables, etc.
- Analytics and reporting: 6Connex offers comprehensive analytics and reporting capabilities, allowing organizers to leverage this data to improve their future events.
- Integrations: 6Connex offers integrations with a variety of solutions and platforms like HubSpot, Salesforce, Marketo, Sharepoint, Microsoft Office 365, and more.
6Connex’s plans start at $3,000 per Event, as we can see below:
Overall, 6Connex doesn’t offer the most affordable pricing, but it does offer versatile plans that can cater to different organizations’ and event planners’ needs.
User Reviews and Testimonials
On G2, 6Connex has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, as reviewed by 194 users. Users praise 6Connex for its ease of use in combination with its robust set of features and wide integration support.
6Connex is a popular and well-reviewed virtual event platform with a lot of features focused on attendee immersion and engagement. However, it can be expensive, and there are users who complained that its customer support could be slow at times.
Overall, it has flaws, but still a pretty decent alternative to vFairs.
PheedLoop is an all-in-one event management platform and a competitor to vFairs that is focused on engagement and interaction features. PheedLoop offers a combination of simplicity, affordability, and robust performance.
On top of standard event management features, Pheedloop also offers some unique features and benefits as follows:
- Intuitive interface: PheedLoop offers an exceptionally user-friendly interface that is easy to use for both attendees and event organizers. On PheedLoop, organizers can easily create and manage their events, while attendees can easily join the virtual events with just a few clicks and without having to download anything.
- Customizable virtual venue: PheedLoop offers a robust virtual event builder with extensive customization. This allows organizers to create fully branded, immersive, and personalized virtual venues to match your event’s exact needs.
- Engagement tools: A comprehensive set of engagement features, including live polls, Q&A, gamification features, discussion forums, and more. These engagement features can help organizers create more meaningful event experiences for attendees, speakers, and sponsors.
- Integrations: PheedLoop offers integrations with a wide range of popular CRM, marketing automation, and payment processor solutions, among other tools.
PheedLoop doesn’t disclose its pricing on its website, so you’ll need to contact its sales team to get a quote. However, Pheedloop boasts that its prices are as low as $1/module/user.
User Reviews and Testimonials
On G2, PheedLoop has a very positive average review of 4.9 out of 5 stars from 319 users. Users appreciated PheedLoop’s ease of use, extensive set of features, and affordable pricing.
PheedLoop is a great virtual event platform for organizations or event organizers of all industries and sizes, especially those looking for an affordable and user-friendly solution. While it’s rather limited in terms of customization and richness of features, it does its basic job pretty well as a vFairs alternative.
Bizzabo is a comprehensive and dynamic event management solution known for its wide range of features and versatility. This vFairs alternative has its features focused on attendee engagement and scalability.
- AI-powered networking and matchmaking: Bizzabo leverages AI to deliver advanced networking and matchmaking features, facilitating attendees with better ways to connect with each other and with sponsors/exhibitors based on their specific interests, behaviors, and goals.
- Customizable 3D virtual environments: Bizzabo allows event organizers to build fully customizable 3D virtual venues. With this flexibility, organizers can build unique and personalized experiences for their attendees.
- Analytics and reporting: Bizzabo offers one of the best analytics and reporting capabilities among the virtual event solutions in this list. Organizers can use the data analyzed to find areas they can improve upon for their future events.
- Immersive event experience feature: Bizzabo also includes various features focused on delivering immersive and engaging event experiences, such as AR, VR, and gamification. These features can help improve attendee engagement and enhance the events to be more memorable.
Besides these unique features, as usual, Bizzabo also offers the standard features of event management software, such as event registration, scheduling, and attendee management, among others.
Bizzabo doesn’t disclose the prices of its plans, but it does list its different plans that cater to different organizations’ event needs and sizes:
User Reviews and Testimonials
On G2, Bizzabo has an average rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 stars, reviewed by 293 users. Users mainly praised Bizzabo for its ease of use and extensive features, especially features focused on interactions and engagement.
Bizzabo is a comprehensive event management solution offering a robust set of features, including advanced ones like AI-powered networking tools and a 3D virtual environment builder. However, Bizzabo isn’t the most affordable solution available, which may make it a dealbreaker for smaller organizations.
Yet, Bizzabo is fast, reliable, and highly versatile in getting the job done, and definitely worth your consideration as a vFairs alternative.
In this article, we have evaluated 10 of the best vFairs competitors and alternatives available in the market in 2023.
Based on our assessment, Eventtia is the best vFairs alternative, combining versatility and ease of use with a comprehensive suite of features. Yet, the other nine solutions we’ve reviewed do have their own unique features and advantages, so it’s best to first assess your needs before committing to a solution. Identify the must-have features you’ll need and compare different solutions that are available to ensure you get the most cost-effective investment for your next event.