1. Develop and Publish Valuable ContentsIn our previous guides on digital marketing (link) and SEO for SAAS companies (link), we have repeatedly stated that content marketing is as important as the software product itself. Why is this? According to several studies, including the one by Google and Millward Brown Digital, most B2B shoppers begin their research with a generic search for valuable contents. Meaning, if you can provide them with the contents they are looking for, you get their attention. There are a lot of SAAS companies that are successful thanks to their content marketing: HubSpot, Moz and KissMetrics being just a few examples. Check out our previous guide on content marketing here (link), but here are a few key areas you should focus on:
- Your Blog
- Technical Contents
- Video Contents
2. Optimize Your ‘About Us’ PageYour about us page is one of the most important assets in building credibility. Most people on the internet (including your potential customers) check for online reviews (if any) and your about us page to check your credibility. If both are aligned with each other, they assume you are a credible business, and vice versa. So, by optimizing your about us page, you are already halfway done. Although the about us page is usually relatively short compared to the rest of your site, it is also arguably the hardest to optimize. Here are some tips you can try:
- Focus on Your Customers First
- Tell a Great Story
- Use Different Forms of Media
3. Create A Clear Lead Generation PathSometimes (well, a lot of times), we failed to capture leads simply because we don’t help our prospects with clear lead-generation channels. There are generally four key areas to focus on for this aspect:
- Call to Action (CTA)
- Landing Page
4. Live Chat and Chat BotLive chat is the modern, digital-age equivalent of sales hotline call, which was the definitive go-to lead generation method back in the days.Having a working (and proactive) live chat on your site certainly has many benefits regarding lead generation, but here are the main two you should consider:
- A live chat quickly and effectively captures your visitors information, simply by asking them to give their name and email address before the live chat app gets activated. Have you ever hesitate giving an email for a live chat? Most likely you don’t, showing how effective this method is,while also giving real benefits to your visitors.
- A huge part of your SAAS business besides your software is your support service, and a proper live chat shows your visitors that you have a reliable, fast-acting support. A live chat can even be considered as a part of your sales demo, so take it seriously.