1. Content MarketingYes, in 2024, content will still be king. I’m sure many of you already focused your efforts on content marketing throughout 2023. If it’s working, you will simply need to refine your content strategies instead of trying new approaches. If there’s anything you’ll need to change throughout our journey in 2024, it is to always be on the lookout for new channels to distribute your content, or even new forms of content altogether. Throughout this list, you might see new things you are tempted to try. So, here is our advice: even when you are trying new methods or strategies, don’t neglect your content marketing.
2. Artificial IntelligenceThroughout 2023, I’m sure you’ve heard at least a thing or two about artificial intelligence that’s not on a sci-fi movie. Expect this buzzword to continue rising in 2024. But, Is there any correlation between Al and digital marketing? More than you know. If you are an SEO practitioner, surely you’ve heard of RankBrain, Google’s AI algorithm that is now one of the highest ranking indicator. Chatbot is also an example of Al application in digital marketing. More and more businesses are investing in AI-based chatbot, and thanks to tools like Drift and Intercom, it is more affordable than ever. Also, advancements in AI will also translate to breakthroughs in behavioral marketing. Us marketers might have more tools to understand customers, and thus allow us to engage them better. Will this also mean a breakthrough, or even a new form of remarketing and retargeting? Quite possibly.
3. Influencer Marketing, And Micro-InfluencerI’m sure many of us have adopted influencer marketing in one form or another, mainly by paying people with a lot of social media followers to promote our products. We call them ‘social influencers’ or sometimes, ‘brand ambassadors’. Another common method is to ask our existing customers to share our product or service. Influencer marketing has been really popular in the recent years, and we can expect it to continue rising in 2024. While previously using brand ambassadors is only prominent in certain niches like beauty and fashion, we can expect it to spread to other industries. Throughout 2023, we have seen the increase of micro-influencers endorsement. Well, let me back up a bit: we can generally categorize social influencers into four groups: there is the celebrity with over 1 million followers, there are people with 500k to 1 million followers which we dub the ’macro influencers’, there are the middle influencers with 100k to 500k followers, and finally there are the micro influencers with between 1k and 100k followers. Customers, especially younger ones are now getting smarter. They know when major celebrities and macro influencers are promoting products, and are less interested. However, micro influencers can pass the message more subtly, and can relate to their followers better. If you are currently planning for your influencer marketing strategy, consider reaching out to micro influencers in your respective and niche.
4. The Time for Post-MillennialsWe are reaching the end of an era. For the past decade or so, the generation Y, or what we call ‘millennials’ dictate the market. There’s nothing wrong if you are still planning to continue emphasizing on them, they are still a huge and flourishing market, after all. However, it is always important to target customers when they are going, so we can have better lifetime value(LTV). Therefore, it’s time to also put our focus on the post-millennial generation,the gen Z. As previous generations have shown, different generations have different buying habits. The oldest people belonging to this generation are now in their early 20s, meaning they are just entering the workforce and have more buying power. Are their behavior different compared to gen Y? Definitely. This article might help you. Again, this shouldn’t mean you should neglect millenials as your primary prospects. They still are. However, acknowledge the fact that there is a huge, fresh market you should tap into. The Gen Y market will be the primary prospects for the next 15 to 20 years. So, the earlier you start, the better.
5. Live StreamingWe have seen a major increase in live video streaming in the past few years. As with others on this list, we can expect live streaming to grow even bigger in 2024. Not only it is a popular medium among marketers nowadays, it is also popular with customers, with 80% customers nowadays preferring a live video instead of reading a blog. So, if live streaming hasn’t been a part of your 2023 marketing strategy, you should definitely put it into consideration in this upcoming year. Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- People love behind-the-scenes approach in live video, you can, for example, introduce your team to your followers through a live-feed
- Give special offers and promotions for those who watch the video. However, avoid live streaming just for the sake of giving offers, content is still king.
- If you have offline events, live stream it.